Sunday, July 15, 2007

Reflections on Session 11

In this session we discussed the topic of successful and not so successful e-businesses. We also discussed how we could use IT to make our own businesses more competitive. Thinking about this from the perspective of a public institution was interesting. I often made fun of some of the "hip" banner ads that I've seen for UMBC. I would joke and say that I've found one that had a picture of a skateboarder that said "UMBC: Come Get Your Learn On!" But the more I think about it, the more I see that this type of advertising might just attract the technically savvy young people that UMBC would like to have apply.

The article that I posted was about the speed of wireless / mobile networks. I found the idea that a Japanese company is testing out a 300Mbps network to be a little depressing. Depressing in the fact that my iPhone maxes out in the 1.5Mbps range.

2 comments:

Les said...

To me, UMBC's claim to fame is that Actress Kathleen Turner attended the school. Hey, I'm a fan!

Todd said...

Yes, but she only references College Park! Boooo!