Monday, July 2, 2007

Reflections on Session 7

The reading for this chapter was right up my alley. Enterprise Resource Planning. I work in an ERP environment - PeopleSoft. We went through a 2 year implementation of Finance and Human Resources. Now we are just starting the implementation of the Student Administration system. All of the items discussed in the reading applied to our implementation. Staffing issues, consultants, fit-gap, hardware... you name it. I still wonder what our return on investment is with the ERP implementation. Are we truly better of than if we would have taken the millions of dollars spent and modified our in-house systems?

2 comments:

Les said...

We went through the pain of implementing PeopleSoft Student Administration. Prepare for chaos, death threats and blood shed. And this is just the training class!

PS How do you like your iPhone?

Todd said...

I love the iPhone. As delivered its a great device, but I think they've only scratched the surface of its potential. I do hope that they produce an SDK for it to allow 3rd parties to produce non web based applications. Btw, I'm writing this from my iphone :)