Week 1 in class has actually been fun. No, I don't mean to sound surprised. Being that it's my first grad class, and an accelerated one at that, I just wasn't sure what to expect. I am a little apprehensive about the group project. I don't ever recall hearing someone say "I love group projects - can't get enough of them!" The reading was interesting, but I'm looking forward to getting into the real "meat" of the book and out of the introduction.
My expectations of my professor have been exceeded. (begin suck-up opportunity) You see, working at a university, I deal with a lot of faculty. Let's just say that a sense of humor is not high on their priority list. Perhaps it has something to do with working with PeopleSoft. Regardless, it has been fun to be in Les' class. Anyone who understands the significance of the number 42 is alright in my book!
The iPhone is coming! The iPhone is coming!
This past week Apple announced the release date of the iPhone (June 29th). I have to admit, I've been following all of the buzz on the iPhone since Steve Jobs announced the product in January. Reading through all of the information and speculated features one thought continues to come to mind. What we are seeing here is a shift of a few industries towards each other. The business end of personal computers / communicators is being married up with the consumer electronics and entertainment industries. This one device will allow me to control my 50 oracle databases through the Oracle Grid Control web application, while at the same time get my groove on with the latest music from iTunes. While other so called "smart phones" have similar features, I believe the iPhone will drive the industry further into developing multi-function / multi-purpose appliances.
Yes, I admit it - I will be in line on June 29th for the iPhone. While I'm waiting there I'll try to come up justification to myself as to why I need a $500 phone... appliance...gadget... thing. Suggestions welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment