Sunday, June 17, 2007

Week 3 Reflections

Week 3 began our first "double-up" week. One of the joys of taking a summer class. I found the reading much more enjoyable. I've always found networks and telecommunications interesting. Not that I'm an expert on them, but interesting none the less. I've always dealt with many of the individual parts discussed in the reading, but it was good to get an overall view that glued the pieces together. An example would be the discussion on the different layers of the network. Starting from the physical layer, moving to internet (IP), up to transport (TCP) and then finally to the application layer. This shows how a message or packet moves through all of these layers to request and receive information on our behalf.

I found the discussion question on E-mail overload humorous. It seems email overload was a common thread, yet people's perspective on email varied greatly. Some looked at email as evil while others thrived on it. I find myself on the side of thriving. :)

No comments: