Being an Oracle DBA for the past 10 years, I looked forward to the Database Management chapter. I was a little disappointed. I'm sure I'm being unfair, but I felt the chapter spent too much time discussing building reports and menus (which are NOT part of database management). Instead, the chapter should have addressed backup and recovery issues as well as database tuning. Yes, I know, I'm looking at it from a DBA's perspective rather than from the perspective of an end-user.
The discussion question on database security allowed me to speak to one of the current topics on the net - SQL Injection. This allows a user to add his/her own SQL code to a database form and have it executed on the server. It wasn't 6 months ago that the developers of web applications here at UMBC had a project to tighten up security to prevent SQL injection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment