Week 9 discussed teamwork and collaboration. One collaborative tool that I really make use of is the wiki. While I'm not sure it's for everyone, I can't help believe that an organization wouldn't benefit from one or more. Gone "should" be the day of the magic operations or policy binder. Gone "should" be the day of documents stored locally that contain important information / scripts / how-to, etc. I've found the easiest way to manage these types of information is through a wiki. Our text book mentioned "Organizational Memory." The wiki is the perfect tool to be part of the overall organizational memory strategy.
Wikis: They're not just for geeks anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, but as I mentioned in my blog -- there are some drawbacks with wikis!
I agree there are drawbacks in a more public type of wiki. The wikis that I use at work are team oriented. Wiki-vandalism really doesn't happen in this forum.
38926.....24372
Post a Comment