The discussion questions for week 2 were of particular interest. One of my focuses over the past year in our organization has been the need for faster and MORE storage. It doesn't matter how much storage you get, it always seems to not be enough. Discussing technology refresh kind of scratched the surface of my multiple hats here at UMBC. On one hand, I'm a technologist that loves to get in the latest and greatest. On the other hand, I'm a manager and have a budget that I need to stay within.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Week 2 Reflections
Week 2 brought about the reality of getting back to school. Reading here.. responding there. Chapter 2 in our text, Information Technology Foundations, was pretty basic. Again, looking forward to getting more into the meat of the book. Glimpsing ahead, I see some interesting chapters ahead. Being a DBA, chapter 4 - Database Management should be an interesting read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean...you hear about all these cool tools and technologies from vendors but you have to work within a tight budget. There are no easy answers but I think it is a good idea to listen to the experiences of others and then make a sound decision based on ROI and business requirements.
Post a Comment